What Is Your Vision?
Vision is vital to the goal-setting process. It provides a clear picture of what someone wants to do and who they want to become. It allows us to stay motivated even when we feel challenged.
Vision is a five-part process:
- Picture It – Picturing your goals means that you have a definite vision of what it is you want AND of you achieving it!
- Sense It – Sensing it means how achieving that vision would feel. How would that Black Belt FEEL around your waist, what feelings would you experience when you finally get it?
- Own It – Owning your vision means that you internalize them as your own. It means that you are achieving it for you, not someone else. When you own your goals, you are more likely to stick to them.
- Believe It – Believing in yourself means having a “Yes I Can” attitude, no matter what the obstacle. Martial arts training helps hone that attitude and makes it easier for people to stick to their goals.
- Achieve It – When you achieve a goal it creates momentum for the other goals in your vision!
In karate and the martial arts overall, we believe that Goals We Set Are Goals We Get.
That is why we begin the year with a focus on vision and goal setting!